Wrongful death cases involve the death of a person as a result of the negligence or wrongful act of another. The law allows the beneficiaries and/or estate of the decedent to file a claim due to their loved one’s death.
Getting the legal assistance of a wrongful death attorney promptly after the incident can increase the likelihood of success in pursuing a case against the responsible parties. An investigation should be started as soon as possible after the incident to determine the cause of the harm and to identify and locate all responsible parties. Although you may be dealing with great distress, do not delay in hiring an experienced wrongful death attorney.
The wrongful death of a loved one can result from many acts of negligence
Under Texas law, claims and damages arising from wrongful death may be possible in any of the following circumstances:
- Car or motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Motorcycle crashes or distracted driving incidents
- Car accidents caused by defective auto parts or defective tires
- Burns and electrocutions
- Construction site accidents
- Truck, 18-wheeler or commercial vehicle accidents
- Oilfield, industrial or refinery accidents
- Deaths occurring in oil fields, oil rigs, refineries, and other similar sites
There are a number of damages available in a wrongful death claim
Families can seek compensation for harms and losses resulting from the death of their loved one. The family may seek a number of damages, including:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of guidance and counsel
- Lost income to the family
- Loss of household services that the family member provided
- Medical bills in connection with the family member’s death
If a loved one died as a result of a wrongful death incident, act quickly to hire an attorney to protect your rights. In this time of grief, The Nigam Law Firm is here to offer a compassionate ear while fighting for your rights. The Nigam Law Firm has the experience to take on complex litigation and win against the toughest defendants. Contact The Nigam Law Firm to help in this difficult time.